Useful Information


A must read resource guide for young couples or returning Malaysians with foreign spouses

Currently, application for spouse visa can be made only after 6 months of marriage for the foreign husband. Upon submission of documents for spouse visa, the application approval could take upto one month if all the documents are completed. You should submit the documents to open a file, in the place of residence of your Malaysian spouse which would be mentioned on his/her IC.

The first pass is usually for 6 months and you will not be allowed to work. Subsequent pass if it is for one year, you could get the endorsement to work from immigration.

To obtain the Endorsement to work, you should have secured an offer for employment.

Ideally before you get married, you should check with immigration on the rules and regulations. Always collect the latest forms and checklists from the immigration department. Your Malaysian spouse should always accompany you to the Immigration department for the submission of documents. The decision of the Immigration Officer is final.

Link to Immigration Website for Visa with Reference – Husband/Wife of Malaysian Citizen…/main-servi…/visa/visa-with-reference

Security Bond/Bank Guarantee Rates…/security-bond-bank-guarantee-rates.…

Applications for Extension of Visit for citizen’s spouses

Working permit for Spouse

Checklist for Documents Under Various Categories: e.g., spouse, step children, widows, dependents

Link to Residents Pass Under Various Categories; e.g. Step child, Parents, Divorced & Widowed spouses with Children.

Link to JAIS (Selangor State Religious Department) Muslim Marriage Application for Men – Permohonan Perkahwinan Bagi Lelaki…

Link to JAIS (Selangor State Religious Department) Muslim Marriage Application for Women – Permohonan Perkahwinan Bagi Perempuan…/permohonan-perkahwinan-bagi-peremp…

Link to TalentCorp for Returning Expert Programme – Eligibility criteria…/eligibility-criteria-for-th…

Link to JPN for Registration Of Marriage For Non-Muslim Applicants General Information…/pendaftaran-perkahwinan-bagi-pemoh…/

Link to JPN for Registration Of Marriage Of Muslim Couples Solemnised Abroad According To Islamic Law And Customary Marriage Of Non-Christian Sabah Or Sarawak Natives And Indigenous Couples Of Peninsular Malaysia [Registration Of Marriages Ordinance 1952]…/pendaftaran-perkahwinan-bagi-pasan…/

Acceptance of Foreign Driving License in Malaysia…/acceptance-of-foreign-driving-licen…


To seek legal advice and consultation only:

Klinik Bantuan Guaman

Fakulti Undang-Undang

University Malaya

50603 Kuala Lumpur



Comments are closed.